Java 9 and OO Essentials is a five-day, comprehensive hands-on Java training course geared for developers who have little or no prior working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (such as those working on (C, COBOL, 4GL, etc.) Throughout the course students learn the best practices for writing great object-oriented programs in Java 9, using sound development techniques, new improved features for better performance, and new capabilities for addressing rapid application development. Special emphasis is placed on object oriented concepts and best practices.
- Understand what OO programming is and what the advantages of OO are in today's world
- Work with objects, classes, and OO implementations
- Understand the basic concepts of OO such as encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
- Work with the Java 9 modular system (Project Jigsaw)
- Learn to use Java exception handling features
- Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations
- Process large amount of data using Lambda expressions and the Stream API
- Use the JDBC API for database access
- Take advantage of the Java tooling that is available with the programming environment being used in the class
Who Can Benefit
This is an introductory- level Java course, designed for experienced developers who wish to get up and running with Java, or who need to reinforce sound Java coding practices, immediately. Programmers with little or no Object-Oriented background (such as C, COBOL, Mainframe, 4GL developers, etc.)
Attendees should have a working knowledge of developing OO software applications.