New to Java and need to get a handle on JEE basics? Need to learn Java, without the GUI and Swing? This five-day, comprehensive hands-on training course will teach you essential Java programming skills, in preparation for building server-side applications on the JEE platform. This is a five-day, comprehensive hands-on workshop geared for developers who have prior working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C++. This course is geared for software developers who need to understand what JEE is, what it means in terms of today's systems and architectures, and how to apply JEE technologies and practices in implementing and deploying robust, flexible web applications. In addition to the normal exercises that are liberally sprinkled throughout the course, there is a case study that covers the entire spectrum from use cases to object-oriented design to implemented classes. This case study supplements the course and can be used during and after the course as a reference and a tool for reviewing and practicing what was learned in class.
Students who attend this course will leave the course armed with the required skills to build basic web applications. Working in a dynamic, interactive discussion and hands-on programming environment, developers will:
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also it’s importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
- Learn to use Java exception handling and logging features
- Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations
- Use the JDBC API for database access
- Work with annotations
- Design and build robust and maintainable web applications
- Create dynamic HTML content with Servlets and Java Server Pages
- Make Servlets and JSP work together cleanly
Who Can Benefit
This is an introductory level training course, designed for experienced OO developers (such as C++ or SmallTalk) that need to extend their skills in web development and understand the basic architecture of a JEE web application and/or implement a web application, taking advantage of what JEE brings to the table.