Gaining senior management support and effectively communicating the pivotal role of the support center is crucial to any support operation's success. For this reason, the support center director must serve as a support leader and strategically align the support center to the organization.
In this course for support center directors, you will learn to develop and execute strategic plans that will take your organization to the next level. You will discover how to realize greater return on investment, develop and maintain formal procedures for increased productivity and consistency, and manage customer perceptions.
This course is designed to assist you in preparing for the HDI Support Center Director (HDI-SCD) certification exam. Instructors reinforce core concepts of the certification standard and provide skills-building opportunities. The certification exam is included with your purchase and exam must be taken within 12 weeks of course completion.
- Assessment strategies for the support center
- How to quantify your support center's value and maximize return on investment
- Twelve-step process and decision matrix for selecting technologies and vendors
- The requirements of an effective service catalog
- How to align support strategies with business goals and objectives
- Knowledge management processes that can save you time and money
- Strategies for workforce management, coaching, team building, and succession planning
- How to justify a service improvement project with a business case
- Valuable reporting tools: balanced scorecard, morning report, and executive brief
- Selecting the right leading and lagging indicators
Who Can Benefit
- Seasoned technical service and support leaders who are responsible for an organization's overall service delivery and who provide strategic direction, financial accountability, and performance reporting
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Support Center Director certification