In this course, you will gain foundational knowledge on concepts of privacy and data protection laws and practice. You will learn common principles and approaches to privacy as well as understand the major privacy models employed around the globe. An introduction to information security concepts and information security management and governance will be covered including frameworks, controls, and identity and access management. You will also learn about online privacy as it relates to using personal information on websites and other Internet-related technologies.
The structure of US law, the enforcement of US privacy and security laws, and information management from a US perspective will be discussed as well as the limitations on private-sector collection and usage of data. This course will also provide an introduction to workplace privacy considerations and US state laws related to marketing, financial data, data security and breach notification.
You will learn how to create a privacy program at an organizational level, develop and implement a framework, and establish metrics to measure program effectiveness. In an interactive format applying practices to a real-world scenario, you will review privacy program practices through the privacy life cycle: assess, protect, sustain and respond.
This three-day program covering the principals of information privacy and privacy management in the US private-sector includes:
- Official IAPP CIPP and CIPM participant guides
- Official IAPP CIPP and CIPM textbooks
- Official IAPP CIPP and CIPM practice tests
- IAPP CIPP/US and CIPM certification exam vouchers
- IAPP membership for one year
Note: Your contact information must be provided to the IAPP and will be used by IAPP for membership services fulfillment in accordance with IAPP's policies.
- Common principles and approaches to privacy
- Jurisdictions and industries
- Safeguarding personal information
- Online privacy
- US privacy environment
- Private-sector collection and data usage limitations
- Workplace privacy
- State privacy laws
- Privacy program governance
- Privacy operational life cycle
Who Can Benefit
- Individuals who need a foundational understanding of information privacy and data protection and privacy management
- Anyone interested in pursuing CIPP/US and CIPM certifications