In this course, you will gain foundational knowledge on concepts of privacy and data protection laws and practice. You will learn common principles and approaches to privacy as well as understand the major privacy models employed around the globe. An introduction to information security concepts and information security management and governance will be covered including frameworks, controls, and identity and access management. You will also learn about online privacy as it relates to using personal information on websites and other Internet-related technologies.
The structure of US law, the enforcement of US privacy and security laws, and information management from a US perspective will be discussed as well as the limitations on private-sector collection and usage of data. This course will also provide an introduction to workplace privacy considerations and US state laws related to marketing, financial data, data security and breach notification.
You will learn the need and importance for privacy in the IT environment with impacts such as regulatory activities, security threats, advances in technology and the proliferation of social networks. This course will provide an introduction to privacy laws, regulations, and standards impacting privacy in IT and the risks inherent in the IT environment. You will also learn about the importance of personally identifiable information and methods for ensuring its protection.
This three-day program covering the principals of information privacy and privacy technology in the US private-sector includes:
- Official IAPP CIPP and CIPT participant guides
- Official IAPP CIPP textbook and CIPT textbooks ("Introduction to IT Privacy" and "Privacy in Technology")
- Official IAPP CIPP and CIPT practice tests
- IAPP CIPP/US and CIPT certification exam vouchers
- IAPP membership for one year
Note: Your contact information must be provided to the IAPP and will be used by IAPP for membership services fulfillment in accordance with IAPP's policies.
- Common principles and approaches to privacy
- Jurisdictions and industries
- Safeguarding personal information
- Online privacy
- US privacy environment
- Private-sector collection and data usage limitations
- Workplace privacy
- State privacy laws
- Regulations and standards impacting privacy in IT
- Privacy in systems and applications
- Online privacy issues
- De-identifying and anonymizing personally identifiable information
- Cloud computing
Who Can Benefit
- Individuals who need a foundational understanding of information privacy and data protection in an IT environment
- Anyone interested in pursuing CIPP/US and CIPT certifications