The Symantec Client Management Suite 7.6: Administration course is designed for professionals tasked with using Symantec Client Management Suite (CMS) to manage their software and hardware resources in their organizations. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on course teaches students the underlying components and concepts of the Symantec Management Platform along with the Symantec Management Console that is used by CMS to perform its management functions. Students learn how to use CMS’s software solutions to collect inventory, manage their software catalog, deliver and meter software, apply software updates and remotely control computer resources. Students also learn how to use the platform and CMS reports to track and monitor their environment. Included are supplemental lessons on Site Management and Security.
- Discover and import computer and user resources that you want to manage
- Deploy the Symantec Management Agent and plug-ins
- Gather hardware, software and operating system inventory from managed computers
- Maintain a software catalog containing software components
- Deliver software to managed computers
- Meter software on managed computers
- Distribute software updates to managed computers
- Remotely manage computers
- Analyze gathered data using predefined reports
Who Can Benefit
This course is for IT administrators who will be maintaining and installing software, taking inventory of computers, distributing software updates to computers or remotely managing computers.
You must also have a basic understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (XP, 2003, 7, 2008) operating systems and optionally Linux and Mac operating systems.