The SSL Visibility 5.0.1 administration course enables you to plan, implement, configure and managed your SSLV virtual appliance. This course includes both lecture and hands-on labs that access the SSLV virtual appliance.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the need for encrypted traffic management (ETM)
- Decide on the best implementation for SSLV in your environment
- Set-up the virtual appliance and configure policies to match your requirements
- Integrate SSLV in an existing PKI
- Maintain SSLV for optimum performance
Who Can Benefit
The SSL Visibility 5.0.1 Administration course is intended for students who wish install and manage the SSLV virtual appliance in a production environment.
This course assumes that students have a basic understanding of:
- Network security devices
The content and activity in this course will provide solid familiarity with the SSLV solution. At the end of the course, participants will have configured the SSLV in several of the most common implementations to inspect encrypted traffic, sending it to both active and passive security devices.
Introduction to Encrypted Traffic Management
- This lesson introduces the pain point introduced by the increasing adoption of SSL/TLS. This lesson also covers the fundamentals about SSL and TLS encrypted communication.
Introduction to Encrypted Traffic Management with Symantec SSLV
- This lesson introduces the architecture and capabilities of SSLV.
Deploying the SSLV
- This lesson covers the initial setup phase all SSLV administrators need to accomplish before customizing the configuration to match their requirements. And basic setup to decrypt SSL/TLS in three common installations.
Expose Encrypted Inbound Traffic for Security Devices While Maintaining Security Levels
- This lesson covers the configuration of SSLV to inspect traffic to servers you manage. It will use passive and active devices and maintain appropriate crypto levels.
Expose Encrypted Outbound Traffic for Security Devices and Prevent Data Loss
- This lesson covers the configuration of SSLV to inspect outbound traffic and use DLP to monitor data loss.
Expose Encrypted Threats for Forensic Analysis While Maintaining Compliance Regulations
- This lesson covers the configuration of SSLV to provide decrypted traffic to a passive device such as Security Analytics while complying with international privacy requirements.
Offload SSL Decryption to Improve ProxySG Efficiency
- This lesson guides you through the implementation of SSL Decryption offload with one or multiple ProxySG/ASG to increase throughput for encrypted traffic in your network. Multiple ProxySG/ASG and SSLV scenarios are implemented here.
Simplify Management of multiple SSLV Virtual Appliances with Management Center
- This lesson introduces the capabilities of Management Center with the SSLV to provide visibility, simplified administration and centralized policies.