The Symantec Deployment Solution 8.1: Administration course is designed for the professional tasked with installing, configuring, and managing a Deployment Solution system. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on course covers how Deployment Solution 8.1 simplifies the routine tasks of setting up new computers, migrating computers to a new operating system, and moving users to new operating systems or hardware. Students also learn how to install, configure, and use Deployment Solution to perform these types of tasks remotely from an easy-to-use console, saving time for employees and money for their enterprise.
- Install and configure Deployment Solution 8.1
- Configure Deployment Solution for Sysprep, NBS (PXE/BSDP), initial deployment and OS licenses
- Capture and deploy computer images including Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Configure image deployments
- Manage “unknown” and predefined computers
- Perform disk wipes and create disk partitions
- Create Windows scripted OS installations
- Create PC transplant templates
- Capture a computer personality, and deploy personality packages
- Perform a computer migration from Win7 to Win10
Who Can Benefit
This course is for system administrators or anyone who will be installing, configuring, and managing a Deployment Solution system.
You must have a basic understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10, 2008, 2012) operating systems and optionally Linux and Mac operating systems; be familiar with network concepts, including LANs, network adapters, drivers, and network operating systems.