The Symantec Validation and Identity Protection (VIP) Service v1 course is designed for the IT security professional needing to develop an understanding of the principles and use cases behind the Symantec VIP Service. This class covers how to prepare and plan for implementing the Symantec VIP Service using a fictional Trusted Bank organization emulating real life scenarios. This course will help you understand and apply VIP strong authentication integration to provide multifactor authentication to applications.
- Describe the various VIP Service components and the
- need for strong authentication.
- Plan and deploy the VIP Service architecture
- components in an enterprise environment.
- Configure the VIP Service to provide strong
- authentication for applications using RADIUS, VIP
- Understand the developer integration options for
- applications that that require development for
- integration using the VIP Web Service API’s and
- Mobile Credential Development Kit.
Who Can Benefit
This course is for anyone who is charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of the Symantec VIP Service.
You must have working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, LDAP-based user identity stores, HTML and network security concepts.