Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 8.2: Advanced Administration course. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, application backups on physical and virtual machines, virtual machine accelerator backups, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint database backups and restores along with other modern workloads.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancing features.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment and data is secure using security certificates, authentication, authorization, auditing, and encryption.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication and Auto Image Replication.
- Optimize NetBackup deduplication storage and use by understanding and managing performance enhancing features for backups and restores, and configuring MSDP catalog protection policies.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database recovery.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Configure accelerator for VMware virtual machines.
- Use NetBackup to protect modern workloads.
- Configure, run, and manage backups using NDMP filers with NetBackup.
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration and development staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup 8.2 features and functions.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.