The Symantec eDiscovery Platform 8.x: For Administrators course is designed for legal professionals that perform Electronic Discovery on Electronically Stored Information. The course is designed to be delivered over two (2) days. It focuses on the Identification and Collection of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM), as well as, the installation, configuration and maintenance of the Symantec eDiscovery application. This class covers the major functionalities of the Symantec eDiscovery Platform as well as best practices for managing eDiscovery projects using Symantec eDiscovery Platform. It includes treatment of processing, search techniques, workflow management, export guidelines, and so on.
- Setup and configure the system.
- Configure the eDiscovery Platform server and eDiscovery Platform Web server for Legal Holds.
- Perform maintenance actions, for example backups Understand installation and upgrade fundamentals.
- Create and setup Cases.
- Understand Data pre-processing and processing.
- Create and use both employees and custodians.
- Perform Identification and Collection of electronic items for discovery.
- Manage Identification and Collections.
- Work with Enterprise Vault Search Preview and Hold in Place.
Who Can Benefit
This course is for customers, support engineers, consultants, and partners who need to maintain and use the Symantec eDiscovery Platform. The course is intended for the personnel responsible for maintaining the Symantec eDiscovery Platform infrastructure and performing identification and collection of data, typically an IT professional.
Attend the Symantec eDiscovery Platform 8.x: For Users course. To get the most out of the training session, Symantec also strongly suggests that you have a basic understanding of electronic discovery and the Symantec eDiscovery Platform. If you are new to electronic discovery or Symantec eDiscovery Platform, Symantec recommends the following options to facilitate a more effective experience:
- Watch the EV and Clearwell on-demand video demos found at:
- Enterprise Vault and eDiscovery Platform Tech Center
- Review the following documents found at:
- Symantec eDiscovery Platform 8 documentation
- The Case Administrator Guide,
- Distributed Architecture Guide.
- Utility Node Guide
- Installation guide
- Upgrade Overview
- Set up a Clearwell test environment (if possible)