The Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.3 for UNIX/Linux: Advanced Administration course, discusses how to integrate, manage, operate, and utilize Veritas InfoScale Storage advanced features, which include Dynamic Multi-Pathing, Smart Tiering, Docker support, Performance Tuning, and Snapshots - in a UNIX environment. You learn how to manage the VxVM Private Region and understand different disk layouts, disk group management, and how to build volumes from scratch. You also learn about disk group split, move and joins, volume relayout, volume sets, multivolume file systems, online file system administration, remote mirroring across sites, offline and offhost processing using volume snapshots and storage checkpoints, and dynamic storage tiering.
- Manage the advanced features of VeritasStorage Foundation.
- Configure and manage disks, disk groups, and volumes.
- Administer Veritas File System advanced features.
- Manage the Dynamic Multi-Pathing feature.
- Apply performance tuning principles to Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System and Dynamic MultiPathing.
- Monitor VxVM and change volume layouts to improve performance.
- Create and manage point-in-time copies for off-host and on-host processing.
- Manage LUN snapshots.
- Remotely mirror your data across different sites.
- Use dynamic storage tiering for optimal storage allocation.
- Provision storage in a Docker environment
Who Can Benefit
This course is for UNIX system or network administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who will be administering Veritas Storage Foundation advanced features.
Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.3 for UNIX Knowledge of UNIX system administration.