This three-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to upgrade from VMware Horizon® 6 to VMware Horizon® 7. It also introduces the new features in VMware Horizon 7 that enable you to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. In addition to performing an upgrade, you will use many of the new features available in VMware Horizon 7 to instantly provision virtual and remote desktops and applications.
- Identify the versions of VMware Horizon components
- Upgrade View Connection Server to VMware Horizon 7
- Upgrade View Composer to VMware Horizon 7
- Upgrade VMware Horizon® Client™ systems to Horizon Client 4.6
- Upgrade Horizon Agent to Horizon Agent 7
- Describe the new features in VMware Horizon 7
- Configure and manage automated pools of instant clones
- Use VMware User Environment Manager™ to manage user personalization and application configurations
- Describe how to deploy profile management
- Use VMware App Volumes™ to provision and manage applications
- Troubleshoot upgrade issues
Who Can Benefit
Technical IT personnel responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktops, applications, and services
Customers attending this course should have attended the VMware Horizon (with View): Install, Configure, Manage course or have equivalent experience. Students must have experience managing a VMware Horizon deployment.