In this two-day course, you will focus on learning the tools and skills necessary to troubleshoot VMware vSAN™ 6.6 implementations. You will gain practical experience with vSAN troubleshooting concepts through the completion of instructor-led activities and hands-on challenge lab exercises.
- Describe the software components
- Diagram how the components relate to each other
- Describe vSAN object placement
- Explain the differences between object states
- Explain how storage policies affect object states
- Predict how specific failures affect object states
Who Can Benefit
Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN.
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] course
- Completion of the VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [V6.6] course or equivalent experience with VMware vSAN.
- Experience working with linux command line interfaces.
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client for common operations
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Modify a distributed switch
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®