When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.9 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using...
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.9 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object-based data management and policy driven retention.
This five-day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a IBM Spectrum Protect environment. The hands-on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2016 environment. The course materials include examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from Windows.
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pools
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Configure the IBM Spectrum Protect database and storage pools for protection
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the IBM Spectrum Protect environment
- Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
Implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect data management.
- Ability to navigate Windows 2016
- A basic understanding of concepts regarding client/server relationships
- Unit 1 - Components and concepts
- Unit 2 - Installation and configuration
- Unit 3 - Interfaces and monitoring
- Unit 4 - Storage pools and devices
- Unit 5 - Policy management, data movement, and expiration
- Unit 6 - Server database and storage pool management
- Unit 7 - Client configuration and management
- Unit 8 - Client data protection
- Unit 9 - Daily operations and maintenance
- Unit 10 - Schedules and reports