When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.6 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to...Read More
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.6 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object-based data management and policy driven retention. Please note that a later version of this course, TS618G, IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.9 - Implementation and Administration, is available.
This five day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a IBM Spectrum Protect environment. The hands-on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2012 environment. The course materials include examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from Windows.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pool
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Configure the IBM Spectrum Protect database and storage pools for protection
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the IBM Spectrum Protect environment
- Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
Implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect data management.
Ability to navigate Windows 2012
A basic understanding of concepts regarding client/server relationships
Unit 1 Components and concepts
Unit 2 Installation and configuration
Unit 3 Interfaces and monitoring
Unit 4 Storage pools and devices
Unit 5 Policy management, data movement, and exploration
Unit 6 Database and storage pool management
Unit 7 Client configuration and management
Unit 8 Client data protection
Unit 9 Daily operations and maintenance
Unit 10 Schedules and reports