Red Hat encourages all candidates for the EX236 Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam to consider taking the Red Hat Storage Server Administration (RH236) course. Attendance in this class is not required to take the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat's products are available. Red Hat does not officially endorse any as preparation guides for its exam. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of storage administration skills and knowledge. To get certified, you must perform a number of routine storage administration tasks and are evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
The exam is organized as follows:
Storage Server administration: 2 hours
- Install Red Hat Storage Server on both physical and virtual systems and work with existing Red Hat Storage Server appliances
- Configure a Red Hat Storage Server storage pool
- Create individual storage bricks on either physical devices or logical volumes
- Create various Red Hat Storage Server volumes such as:
- Format the volumes with an appropriate file system
- Create Red Hat Storage Server volume snapshots
- Extend existing storage volumes by adding additional bricks and performing appropriate rebalancing operations
- Configure clients to use Red Hat Storage Server appliance volumes using native and network file systems (NFS)
- Configure clients to use Red Hat Storage Server appliance volumes using SMB
- Configure Red Hat Storage Server features including disk quotas and POSIX access control lists (ACLs)
- Configure IP failover for NFS-and SMB-based cluster services
- Configure geo-replication services
- Configure unified object storage
- Configure Red Hat Storage Server to support Hadoop
- Troubleshoot Red Hat Storage Server problems
- Monitor Red Hat Storage Server workloads
- Perform Red Hat Storage Server management tasks such as tuning volume options, volume migration, stopping and deleting volumes, and configuring server-side quorum
Who Can Benefit
- System administrators, architects, and others who need to demonstrate their skills, knowledge, and ability in using Red Hat Storage Server
- RHCEs interested in pursuing Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Be Red Hat Certified System Administrators or have comparable work experience and skills
- Have taken the Red Hat Storage Server Administration (RH236) course or have work experience using Red Hat Storage Server
Save up to
Use Promo Code: SurfBoard
Register by September 6, 2019