This course is designed to give the z/OS Operator personnel as well as entry systems programmers an overview about JES2. The students should be able to use JES2 commands at the z/OS Console and use SDSF.
- Understand the z/OS environment and JES2 role
- Start JES2 with focus on options and shutdown
- Control JES2 with commands and SDSF
- Control JES2 job flow, selection, and processing
- Control output processing and printers
- Understand z/OS influence on JES2 processing
Who Can Benefit
This intermediate course is for z/OS Operators (console and periphery), help desk, and support personnel.
You should have completed:
- z/OS Basic System Skill (ES10)
- z/OS System Operations (ES27)