This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to install and customize z/OS UNIX (full name z/OS UNIX System Services), and to manage and monitor the z/OS UNIX environment.
- Execute the tasks required to prepare a z/OS installation for implementing z/OS UNIX
- Execute the tasks to install the z/OS UNIX software features
- Use the information provided in this class to perform the basic customization necessary to fully implement the z/OS UNIX kernel, the file system, the shell and utilities, and z/OS UNIX applications
- Put in place the RACF security required for z/OS UNIX resources and applications
- Make appropriate definitions for the activation of TCP/IP sockets by z/OS UNIX
- Identify and use the processes and data required for monitoring and tuning the z/OS UNIX environment
Who Can Benefit
This is an intermediate course for experienced data professionals such as z/OS system programmers, who are responsible for the installation and maintenance of z/OS UNIX.
You should have:
- a basic knowledge of z/OS UNIX as provided in the course Introducing z/OS UNIX Services (OP05)