Through hands-on labs, students will learn to automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible, learn how to write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution, centrally manage playbooks and schedule recurring execution through a web interface with Ansible Tower. Students will also learn to manage encryption for Ansible with Ansible Vault, deploy Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems, and use Ansible in a DevOps environment with Vagrant. Automation with Ansible with exam (DO408) is designed for system administrators who are intending to use Ansible for automation, configuration, and management. You will learn how to install and configure Ansible, create and run playbooks to configure systems, and learn to manage inventories. This course also includes the exam, Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation (EX407). This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts
- Use Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks
- Protect encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault
- Use Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Work with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment
Who Can Benefit
System and cloud administrators who need to automate cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and other IT needs.
Have basic Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration skills or have a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended.