In this course, you will learn about the various specifications that make up Java EE. Through hands-on labs, you will transform a simple Java SE command line application into a multi-tiered enterprise application using various Java EE specifications, including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Persistence API, Java Messaging Service, JAX-RS for REST services, Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI), and JAAS for securing the application.
- Generating multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Packaging and deploying Java EE applications.
- Creating Enterprise Java Beans, including message-driven beans.
- Managing persistence.
- Creating REST services with JAX-RS.
- Implementing Contexts and Dependency Injection.
- Creating messaging applications with JMS.
- Securing Java EE applications with JAAS.
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for Java developers who want to learn more about the specifications that comprise the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Proficiency in developing Java SE applications, with 2+ years of experience required
- Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat Developer Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with Maven is recommended but not required