The RHCE® Certification Lab (RH299) is designed for students seeking a hands-on, lab-based review prior to taking the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam. Students taking this course should have already completed their classroom training and simply be preparing to take or retake the exam. During the 4-day course, students will work at their own pace through the complete set of labs from both the RHCSA [Red Hat Certified System Administrator] Rapid Track course (RH199) and Red Hat System Administration III (RH254). The RHCE Certification Lab course includes a few instructor lectures designed to review key technologies such as systemd, firewalld, and IPv6. For the classroom and virtual classroom versions of this course, an instructor will be available throughout the week to assist students as they work through the labs.
- Note for RH299R version of this course: This version of the course is a self-paced Red Hat Online Learning (ROLE) option, featuring online content, labs, and recorded webinars. This Red Hat Online Learning option includes complete course content for both Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7.
- Managing and troubleshooting systemd services during the boot process
- Network configuration and basic troubleshooting
- Managing local storage, creating and using file systems
- Firewall management with firewalld
- Automating installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux® using kickstart
- Manage SELinux settings
- Using NFS and Samba shared filesystems
- Network port security and link aggregation
- iSCSI initiator and target configuration
- Domain Name System (DNS) troubleshooting and caching name server
- Providing Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB) file servers
- Apache HTTPD web server management
- MariaDB SQL datbase configuration
- Postfix Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) nullclient for servers
- Bash scripting for automation
Who Can Benefit
- RHCEs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or earlier who wish to recertify on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Students who previously attempted the RHCE exam, did not pass, and wish to retake the exam
- Students who have completed the RHCE track courses (Red Hat System Administration I, II, and III or equivalent) and would like additional hands-on practice prior to taking the RHCE exam
- Students should have already completed Red Hat System Administration I (RH124), Red Hat System Administration II (RH134), and Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) or equivalent training.
- It is highly recommended students take our online skills assessment prior to enrolling in this course.
- Extensive UNIX administration experience by itself is not adequate for most students.