In this two-day Agile leadership training, participants learn why we need business agility, the personal key competencies to lead the transformation, and the organizational elements required to survive and thrive in today’s turbulent environment. The world around us is changing at an extraordinary pace. Companies have to learn to adapt just for survival. Often, they struggle just to catch up to all the change around them, only to find that the change itself has changed. Getting in front of the accelerating turbulence, with the mindset of the past, is almost impossible. It is not just the rapid pace of change, business leaders now deal with a VUCA world where there is increasing Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity. No industry goes untouched in this changing world; a world of turbulence; a VUCA world. In this world, our mental models are challenged, our skills stretched, our paradigms shifted. Successful ways of the past no longer produce the same results. In many cases, our mental models may actually blind us organizationally and prevent us from achieving success. As business leaders, we have to undergo behavioral adjustments to lead in these times. We have to re-vamp our thoughts about organizations, our role, and the very nature of leadership. ASPE’s Agile Leadership course provides insight into the VUCA world to not only challenge our traditional thinking but also learn what paradigm shifts are necessary for effective leadership in this environment. The course goes into specific tools and techniques to help you develop relevant leadership capabilities. Agile Leadership takes us through the need to develop our own personal and relationship agility. In addition, we address the organization and the key elements for thoughtful improvement of our organizational abilities. In this highly interactive course, we combine exercises, case studies, and interactivity to understand the principles and concepts behind agility. ICP-ALP CertificationThe ICP-ALP is one of the Continuing Learning Certifications (CLCs) on the Agile Executive Leadership track. The certification focuses on transformational behaviors and skills to increase our agility both personally and for our business. The learning objectives highlight techniques and practices to help cope with the turbulent environment. Participants who complete this certification will be exposed to case studies and learn leading-edge thinking to apply at their companies. It provides the essential skills needed to lead organizations towards greater agility.
- Evolution of Management Thinking
- Factors Driving Our Need for Agility
- Impact of Globalization and Emerging Technology
- Knowledge Work
- Key Capabilities for Organizational Agility
- Leadership Styles
- Developing Self and Mindset
- It’s a VUCA World!
- Strategic Thinking
- Social Awareness
Who Can Benefit
This course (and ICAgile certification) is specifically designed for leaders who desire to increase their own capabilities and their organization’s ability to transform in an ever-changing world. This includes:
- Leaders at Director-level and above, who have broader, higher-level organizational responsibilities than first line supervisors
- Leaders who lead an organization in which Agile constitutes a significant delivery methodology, or is on its way to becoming so
- Leaders who see the value of growing an agile organization, and are committed to developing themselves as agile leaders in order to achieve that aim
- Leaders who seek to prepare their organizations for a turbulent world.
- Anyone wanting certification in ICAgile Agile Leadership (ICP-ALP)
- Anyone wanting to become an ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Executive Leadership
This is an intermediate/advanced level workshop but there is not a specific pre-requisite class. However, a foundational understanding of Agile principles is recommended. If you are unsure if you meet this is the course for you, please give us a call to discuss with your Account Manager prior to registration.