Building on traditional risk-based test practice we are now challenged by incremental delivery. To address but not inhibit Agility, we examine concepts like pair testing and strengthening relationships in a team setting to build a sense of common purpose. Working in parallel with developers eliminates hand-offs and late-stage testing, and enables incremental confirmed component delivery. This program builds on what we know and adapts to what we need … Agile delivery. Agile testing opens new areas of opportunity to build strength in product quality, process improvement, and test confidence.
This 2-day course will introduce you to the Agile Testing Process, and explore Agile testing practices that you can immediately take from the classroom into the office with newfound confidence.
Upon successful completion of this course, attendees will be awarded the ICAgile Certification in Agile Testing. The ICP-TST certification can only be earned by completing a live class.
- Improve software quality delivered by your Agile development teams.
- Apply all four quadrants of software testing to ensure the effectiveness of both business-facing and technology facing testing.
- Accelerate defect detection and correction and lower integration costs through continuous integration.
- “Build the product right” by applying techniques like Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Capitalize on your investment in traditional testing methods by transitioning them to an Agile approach.
- Address product and technical risk using Risk-Based Testing to better focus time and resources.
- Enhance the skills of your testers and development team to effectively conduct adequate testing.
- Achieve higher product confidence by using Pair Testing.
- Optimize the performance of your Agile teams through proper testing roles.
Who Can Benefit
- Quality Analysts & Engineers
- Software Test Leads & Testers
- Software Quality & Testing Managers
- Software Project Managers
- Software Engineering Managers
- Business Analysts
- Software Development Managers
- IT Managers
Part 1: Agile Testing Mindset
- Overview of Agile Testing
- Origins of Agile Testing
- Agile Testing vs. Traditional Approaches
- Mindset & Culture
- Agile Testing Principles
- Whole Team Approach
- Building Quality In
- Continuous Improvement and Feedback
- Ingraining The Agile Testing Mindset (Hands-on Exercise)
Part 2: Testing Techniques
- Categories of Testing
- Agile Testing Quadrants of Categories
- Automation Pyramid – Introduction
- Testing Techniques
- Collaborating with Developers
- Unit and Component Testing
- Pairing Between Developer and Tester
- Example Driven Development
- Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD)
- Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Spec by Example
- Feature and Story Testing
- User Story Testing
- Feature Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Non-Functional Testing
Part 3: Agile Testing Process
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Team-Based Testing Approach
- Typical Business Representative Role in Testing
- Typical Programmer Role in Testing
- Typical Tester Role in Testing
- Role of Test Managers in Agile
- Test Strategy and Planning
- Different Strategies Based on Levels of Precision
- During Iteration Planning/Kickoff
- Lightweight Test Plan Documentation
- Defect Tracking and Management
- Results Reporting
- Test Metrics
- Regression Tests
- Successful Delivery
- Time-Boxed Delivery
- Continuous Delivery
- Post-Development Test Cycles
- Iteration Wrap-Up
- Definition of a Release/End Game
- User Acceptance Test (UAT)
- System-Wide and Cross-Team Testing
- Post-Release Testing
- Documentation for Regulatory Requirements
- Test Environments and Infrastructure
- Typical Environments for Test
- Build Pipeline
- Automated Builds
- Testing the Proper Build
- Test Data Management
- Working on Distributed Teams
- Distributed Team Communication
- Distributed Team Coordination