When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course teaches the basics of source control using Engineering Workflow Management (EWM), formerly Rational® Team Concert (RTC).This one-day, hands-on class covers the essential tasks needed to...Read More
This course teaches the basics of source control using Engineering Workflow Management (EWM), formerly Rational® Team Concert (RTC).
This one-day, hands-on class covers the essential tasks needed to use EWM source control for Eclipse environments.
EWM (formerly RTC) is the workflow management and source control component of the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) tool suite (formerly Rational CLM). EWM provides a scalable solution for source control, task tracking, and scheduling.
At the end of this course, students will understand the basics of using the Eclipse IDE to access files that are stored in the EWM repository and will be able to use EWM to accomplish typical source control tasks. Students also will understand how work items are related to source code changes and how workflow enhances source development efforts.
• Log on to EWM
• Source Control Overview
• Workspace Basics
• Source Control Basics
• Associate Work Items
• Load Selected Workspace Data
• Change Set History
• Change Set Version History
• Add, Rename, Remove, Undo
• Additional Check-in Options
• Accept/Discard Change Sets
• Suspend/Resume Change Sets
• Complete/Modify Change Sets
• Resolve Simple Differences
• Resolve Overlapping Differences
• Source Control Review Lab
• Eclipse Perspectives
• Search for Source Code Artifacts
• Log on to the EWM Eclipse client
• Introduction to EWM source control fundamentals
• Create, load, and unload local workspace
• Lock, unlock, modify, check-in, and deliver changes
• Associate change sets to work items
• Load selected components and Eclipse projects
• Change set history and differences
• Intermediate version history within a change set
• Add new files, rename, and remove files; undo changes
• Check in from explorers and wizards
• Accept change sets from stream; discard change sets
• Suspend and resume workspace change sets
• Complete change sets; move files between change sets
• Resolve simple non-overlapping source file differences
• Resolve overlapping source file differences
• Basic source control review exercise
• Add views to perspective; save perspective modifications
• Search for source code artifacts and attributes
U5NSL53G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Source Control - Advanced Topics, V7.x (RTC)
U5NSL62G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Task Management and Scheduling, V7.x (RTC)
U5NSL63G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Project Administration, V7.x (RTC)
All developers who will use the EWM Eclipse IDE for source control activities.
Basic knowledge of the Eclipse IDE is helpful.
IBM Engineering Workflow Management Task Management and Scheduling, V7.x class is helpful.