In this three-day, hands-on training course, you will learn how to use Confluent KSQL to transform, enrich, filter and aggregate streams of real-time data using a SQL-like language. You will learn to use the Streams library to build applications, and then learn how to test, monitor, secure, scale and integrate them.
During this instructor-led, hands-on course, you will learn to:
- Identify common patterns and use cases for real-time stream processing
- Understand the high level architecture of Apache Kafka® Streams
- Write real-time applications with the Kafka Streams API to filter, transform, enrich, aggregate, and join data streams
- Describe how KSQL combines the elastic, fault-tolerant, high-performance stream processing capabilities of Kafka Streams with the simplicity of a SQL-like syntax
- Author KSQL queries that showcase its balance of power and simplicity
- Test, secure, deploy, and monitor Kafka Streams applications and KSQL queries
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for application developers, architects, DevOps engineers, and data scientists who need to interact with Kafka clusters to create real-time applications to filter, transform, enrich, aggregate, and join data streams to discover anomalies, analyze behavior, or monitor complex systems.
Attendees should be familiar with developing professional apps in Java (preferred), .NET, C#, Python, or another major programming language. Participants are required to provide a laptop computer with unobstructed internet access to fully participate in the class.
Additionally, students require a strong knowledge of the Kafka architecture as well as knowledge of Kafka client application development, either through prior experience or by taking the recommended prerequisites, Confluent Fundamentals for Apache Kafka® and Confluent Developer Skills for Building Apache Kafka.