Implement production-ready Mule applications in a DevOps environment, and gain skills to become a MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 2. The course covers securely provisioning API-related artifacts; automating the building, unit testing, and deployment of Mule applications; making Mule applications easily monitored; sharing development assets between projects; and more.
- Interactively provision API-related artifacts and secure access to APIs.
- Enhance data protection using HTTPS.
- Configure Mule applications succinctly and securely for different deployment environments.
- Automate the building, unit testing, and deployment of Mule applications using Maven-based tooling.
- Write unit tests for Mule flows using MUnit that is optimized for reuse and maintainability.
- Improve monitorability of Mule applications through healthchecks and operational logging.
- Share assets and resources including code, connector configurations, and more between projects.
Who Can Benefit
This course is for software developers who have mastered the fundamentals of creating Mule applications with Anypoint Studio™ and Anypoint Platform™ and now want to learn the skills and best practices to build production-ready Mule applications — applications that are ready to be used in a DevOps environment in professional software development projects. This course together with the Anypoint Platform Development: Production-Ready Integrations course prepares you to take the MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 2 exam. If you complete both courses and have a current MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 certification, you will automatically receive two exam attempts.
- Experience developing Mule 4 applications as demonstrated by one of the following: A current MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 certification, Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals course, or Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Mule 4 for Mule 3 Users course
- A solid understanding of essential Maven concepts
- Note: If you are new to Maven (a build automation tool), you need to learn Maven fundamentals BEFORE taking this course. Suggested tutorials include Apache Maven Tutorial, Maven in 5 Minutes, and Maven Getting Started Guide.
- A computer with: At least 8-16 GB RAM (16 highly recommended), 2GHz CPU, and 10GB available storage and a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
- Internet access to ports 80 and 443 (with > 5Mbps download and > 2Mbps upload)
- The latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge
- An Anypoint Platform account
- OpenJDK 8 (not 11 or a later version)
- Anypoint Studio 7.14 or later with embedded Mule 4 runtime
- Advanced REST Client 16.0.1 or later (or any other REST client application)
- Apache Maven 3.8.6 or later
- API Catalog CLI (optional)
- Note: Be sure to install prerequisites of NodejS and Git as noted in the installation instructions
Provisioning API-related artifacts
- Recap the fundamental API-related workflows in Anypoint Platform>
- Export, import, and publish an API specification
- Manage an API instance in API Manager
- Implement an API as a Mule application
- Expose an HTTPS endpoint from a Mule application
- Register an API implementation using autodiscovery
Applying basic software engineering principles
- Apply and follow coding conventions
- Securely parameterize Mule applications and its Maven build for different runtime environments
- Deploy to CloudHub from a Maven build
Developing for operational concerns
- Implement operational logging
- Expose healthcheck endpoints and monitor a Mule application from Anypoint Platform
- Extract reusable Mule application code into a library
Automating unit-testing with MUnit
- Enable a Mule application for unit testing with MUnit
- Perform basic unit testing for integration functionality
- Mock external dependencies
- Spy on the data exchanged with external dependencies