This course is a 5-day boot camp with extended hours. The course is designed to assist students in preparing for the NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) exam. The course covers the administration of Data ONTAP Version 8.2 operating in 7-Mode. To help you prepare for exam NSO-155, please watch the FREE self-paced, web-based courses referenced above in our Special Offers.
- By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Configure a Data ONTAP storage system in an NFS environment
- Configure and administer a storage system for CIFS functionality
- Discuss how to configure a storage system for a SAN FC environment
- Configure and administer a storage system in a SAN iSCSI environment
- Explain and implement the backup and recovery methods that are available in the Data ONTAP operating system
- Describe and implement the business continuance methods that are available in the Data ONTAP operating systemAdditional Fast Lane-developed content you will learn to:
- Perform administrative tasks on FC target ports
- Perform administrative tasks on LUNs
- Perform administrative tasks on initiator groups (igroups)
- Describe how and when a LUN consumes space from its containing volume
- Discuss backup guarantees through NetApp Snapshot reserve
- Discuss the overwrite guarantee for space-?reserved LUNs
- Analyze the default LUN configuration and two thin-?provisioning configurations
- Discuss Flash Pool Design and Implementation
- Easily implement SnapVault
- Utilize Provisioning and Protection manager workflows with OnCommand Unified Manager
Who Can Benefit
- This course is intended for NetApp customers, partners and employees who provide basic support and perform administrative functions of the Data ONTAP 8.2 operating system running in 7-mode and those seeking NCDA certification.
- Three years of experience in a storage related function, such as storage administrator or field engineer
- Six months experience with NetApp storage solutions
- Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administration (D7ADM)
- NOTE: It is strongly recommended that you have attended the instructor-led D7ADM course or have the equivalent practical experience with the NetApp ONTAP operating system before attending this advanced boot camp. The web-based version of Data ONTAP 7-Mode will not provide sufficient preparation for those seeking NCDA certification upon completion of this course.