This course teaches you the administrative skills needed to install, configure, manage, and upgrade three different Nutanix unified storage products:
- Nutanix Volumes - Learn how Nutanix Volumes provides block storage for your VMs or physical hosts using the iSCSI protocol, with the same simplicity as virtualized workloads, consolidating infrastructure into a single unified platform.
- Nutanix Files - Set up and manage Nutanix Files, a software-defined, scale-out file storage solution that provides Server Message Block (SMB) and Network File System (NFS) file services to clients.
- Nutanix Objects - Learn how easy it is to spin up Nutanix Objects in a few simple steps, and build a simple, secure, and scale-out stack.
Who Can Benefit
- Systems operators evaluating file, block, and object storage using Nutanix Files, Nutanix Volumes, and Nutanix Objects.
- IT administrators and business leaders who manage Nutanix clusters and want a detailed deep dive into Nutanix storage administration.
- Anyone pursuing Nutanix Certified Professional – Unified Storage (NCP-US) certification.
- This course requires basic system administration knowledge, acquired through training or hands-on experience.
- You should be familiar with iSCSI, SMB, NFS storage protocols, and S3 compatible storage; be able to create a VM through the Nutanix web console (Prism); and know how to run commands from the command line interface (CLI).
- An understanding of Nutanix core concepts and definitions.
- If you do not have these skills, we recommend taking the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals (NHCF) class first.
Installing and Configuring Nutanix Volumes
- Understanding When to Use Nutanix Volumes
- Deploying Nutanix Volumes and Understanding iSCSI Target Redirection
- Configuring Nutanix Volumes
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Volumes
- Failover and Failback Processes
- Understanding Storage Management and Using the Storage and Volume Groups Dashboards
- Modifying a Volume Group
Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Volumes
- Firewall Settings
- iSCSI Timeout Sessions
- Troubleshooting Volume Group Capacity
Nutanix Volumes: Hands on Labs
- Preparing the Cluster
- Configuring Volumes for Windows and Linux
- Managing Volumes for Windows and Linux
- Configuring iSCSI Network Segmentation (Optional)
Installing and Configuring Nutanix Files
- Introduction to Nutanix Files
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Files Environments
- Installing Nutanix Files
- The File Server Dashboard
- Configuring Nutanix Files
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Files
- Managing Nutanix Files
- Using File Analytics
- Using Data Lens and Smart DR
- Monitoring Performance and Usage
- Upgrading Nutanix Files
Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Files
- Understanding the Nutanix Files High Availability Process
- Troubleshooting Nutanix Files Issues
Nutanix Files: Hands on Labs
- Installing Nutanix Files
- Managing File Shares and Exports with the Files Console
- Working with File Analytics
- Deleting Nutanix Files
Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Introduction to Nutanix Objects
- Enabling Nutanix Objects
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Objects
- Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Configuring Bucket Policies
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Objects
- Managing Directories and API Keys
- Managing the Object Store
- Managing a Bucket
- Upgrading Nutanix Objects Using LCM
- Monitoring Nutanix Objects
- Replication with Nutanix Objects
- Cloud Tiering
Analyzing and Troubleshooting Nutanix Objects
- Troubleshooting Issues with Cluster Deployment, Read/Write, Upgrades, and Objects/MSP Clusters using CLI Commands
- Log Collection for Nutanix Objects
Nutanix Objects: Hands on Labs
- Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Managing Nutanix Objects