The RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux® administration. This course combines Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134), reviewing the tasks at an accelerated pace.
- This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8.
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to perform essential Linux system administration tasks, including establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and executing basic security administration.
- Access the command line locally and remotely
- Manage files from the command line
- Manage local users and groups
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Control services, daemons, and the boot process
- Manage tuning profiles for system performance
- Control access to files with file system permissions
- Analyze and store log files
- Configure and secure the OpenSSH service
- Install and update software packages and appstreams
- Manage Linux file systems and volumes
- Manage Linux networking and firewalls
Who Can Benefit
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
You will be expected to already understand fundamental Linux computing concepts and be ready to practice the Red Hat Enterprise Linux methods for performing system administration tasks. Significant field experience working with Linux as a system administrator is recommended.
- If you do not have experience with fundamental Linux computer concepts, we advise you to start with the Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) course instead.