This course teaches you how to use the IML procedure via the programming language. You benefit from this course if you plan to use SAS/IML for manipulating matrices, simulating data, writing custom statistical analyses, or working with R. The programs in this course require SAS/IML 12.3 or later to run.
The self-study e-learning includes:
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual lab time to practice.
- Create and manipulate matrices.
- Move data between IML matrices and SAS data sets.
- Simulate data.
- Write, store, and retrieve IML modules.
- Run SAS procedures from within IML.
- Interface with R from within IML.
Who Can Benefit
- SAS programmers, statisticians, econometricians, engineers, or others who want to use matrix algebra, simulate data, write custom statistical analyses, or work with R from IML
- Before attending this course, you should:
- Have completed the SAS® Programming 1: Essentials course or understand the material within.
- Have completed the Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression course or understand the material within.
- Possess an understanding of elementary matrix algebra or linear algebra concepts and operations, including matrix dimensions, matrix addition and multiplication, matrix inversion, and scalars.