This course focuses on linear, nonlinear, and efficiency optimization concepts. You learn how to formulate optimization problems and how to make their formulations efficient by using index sets and arrays. The demonstrations in the course include examples of data envelopment analysis and portfolio optimization. The OPTMODEL procedure is used to solve optimization problems that reinforce concepts introduced in the course.
The e-learning format of this course includes Virtual Lab time to practice.
- Identify and formulate appropriate approaches to solving various linear and nonlinear optimization problems.
- Create optimization models commonly used in industry.
- Formulate and solve a data envelopment analysis.
- Solve optimization problems using the OPTMODEL procedure in SAS.
Who Can Benefit
- Those who want to develop the advanced knowledge and skills necessary to work as a data scientist, especially those with a strong background in applied mathematics
- Before enrolling in the data science certification program, you should have completed all coursework for the SAS Certified Big Data Professional program or passed the Big Data Certification exams. Before attending this course:
- You should complete an undergraduate course in operations research that includes linear programming, have recent experience using linear programming, or be comfortable with matrix algebra.
- You should be able to execute SAS programs and create SAS data sets.