The real value of technical consulting comes after a recommendation is accepted by a client. Through successful implementation, the client has the opportunity to realize the value of the solution defined. Often however, technical consultants are not involved in the implementation, and even when they are they have to work with and through others to help their clients achieve the desired outcomes. Without proper implementation planning, there is a high risk that the solution will not deliver the anticipated value to the client, which could negatively impact the credibility of the technical consultant and damage their relationship with the client.
This interactive workshop helps both internal and external consultants build the skills and knowledge required to ensure clients realize the value of the consultant's recommendation.
- Assess the impact your recommendations will have on people
- Understand and deal with differing perceptions of change
- Uncover and respond to resistance to change
- Identify the risks associated with the transition, and plan to offset them
- Follow a plan for transferring key information and insights to the project manager, implementation team and client
Who Can Benefit
Anyone in an internal or external consulting role
Other technical professionals who would like to improve the outcomes of their consulting engagements by:
- Planning an effective hand-off to a project team
- Minimizing implementation risk through effective planning and communication
- Ensuring the client is prepared to support change that result from solution implementation
Self-study on the Consulting Skills Portal prior to attending class.