This four-day hands-on training course delivers the key concepts and expertise participants need to ingest and process data on a Hadoop cluster using the most up-to-date tools and techniques. Employing Hadoop ecosystem projects such as Spark, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, and Impala, this training course is the best preparation for the real-world challenges faced by Hadoop developers. Participants will learn to identify which tool is the right one to use in a given situation, and will gain hands-on experience in developing using those tools.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- How data is distributed, stored, and processed in a Hadoop cluster
- How to use Sqoop and Flume to ingest data
- How to process distributed data with Apache Spark
- How to model structured data as tables in Impala and Hive
- How to choose the best data storage format for different data usage patterns
- Best practices for data storage
This course is designed for developers and engineers who have programming experience. Apache Spark examples and hands-on exercises are presented in Scala and Python, so the ability to program in one of those languages is required. Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is assumed. Basic knowledge of SQL is helpful. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required.