This four-day hands-on training course delivers the key concepts and expertise developers need to develop high-performance parallel applications with Apache Spark 2. Participants will learn how to use Spark SQL to query structured data and Spark Streaming to perform real-time processing on streaming data from a variety of sources. Developers will also practice writing applications that use core Spark to perform ETL processing and iterative algorithms. The course covers how to work with large datasets stored in a distributed file system, and execute Spark applications on a Hadoop cluster. After taking this course, participants will be prepared to face real-world challenges and build applications to execute faster decisions, better decisions, and interactive analysis, applied to a wide variety of use cases, architectures, and industries. With this course update, we streamlined the agenda to help you quickly become productive with the most important technologies, including Spark 2.
- Distribute, store, and process data in a Hadoop cluster
- Write, configure, and deploy Spark applications on a cluster
- Use the Spark shell for interactive data analysis
- Process and query structured data using Spark SQL
- Use Spark Streaming to process a live data stream
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for developers and engineers who have programming experience, but prior knowledge of Hadoop and/or Spark is not required.
- Apache Spark examples and hands-on exercises are presented in Scala and Python. The ability to program in one of those languages is required.
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is assumed.
- Basic knowledge of SQL is helpful.