A Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) who has earned the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening has demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to understand and apply standards-based best practices to secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux® systems against unauthorized access.
An RHCE who has earned the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening is capable of:
- Configuring file systems and volumes for more restrictive security policies.
- Implementing additional user account security and identity management.
- Configuring enhanced, secure logging and audit capabilities.
- Identifying and performing appropriate package updates in response to Common Vulnerabilities and Exposure (CVE) and Red Hat Security Advisory (RHSA) reports.
Who Can Benefit
- System administrators responsible for standards-compliant security on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- System administrators responsible for security on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems or who wish to harden systems beyond default configurations
- RHCEs who wish to earn Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS) or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Red Hat Server Hardening (RH413)