SQL server training is invaluable to organizations and individuals in the IT industry. Learn more about how you too can quickly become SQL certified.
Are you interested in a career in computer programming? If so, getting training and a certification in SAS could be the best way to reach your goal. SAS certified base programmers for SAS 9 earn an average annual salary of $81,435 USD. Although compensation is important, there are many other benefits to a career in computer programming. Keep reading to learn about the advantages enjoyed by SAS certified professionals.
What Is SAS?
Approximately 118 countries use Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) to solve high-level analytics. This software employees menu or command-driven processes. It represents a unique programming language that controls the execution of its output.
SAS has become the leader and largest independent Business Intelligence software vendor. This software provides data visualization and statistical analysis for Windows operating systems.
It's widely used in academia, data science, and industry to solve problems. Examples include analytics and risk, fraud, and big data management.
Why Is Earning a SAS Certification Beneficial?
The information technology (IT) industry is rapidly changing. Future and current employers seek individuals who take the initiative to keep learning. Staying up-to-date on industry trends and seeking additional certifications keeps you relevant.
The following describes the value of completing SAS certifications.
1. Recognition as a SAS Professional
After passing the SAS certification exam, your name will be put in the official directory. Even people with years of experience can't get on this list without certification. The SAS Global Certified Professional Directory allows employers to verify applicant credentials.
Employers looking for SAS professionals use this directory to find potential applicants. This increases the chance that you'll receive job offers. This listing conveys that you're serious and proficient in SAS data analytics.
2. Range of SAS Certification
There's a wide selection of SAS programming certifications. Most individuals choose to start with the basic foundational tool courses. These include:
- SAS Certified Associate: Programming Fundamentals Using SAS 9.4
- SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming Using SAS 9.4
- SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programmer Using SAS 9
- SAS Certified Professional: Advanced Programming Using SAS 9.4
BI and Analytics
The next level of certification is BI and analytics. This includes the following courses.
- SAS Certified BI Content Developer for SAS 9
- SAS Certified Specialist: Visual Business Analytics 7.5/8.3
- SAS Certified Specialist: SAS® Visual Statistics 8.4 on SAS® Viya® for Modeling
- SAS Certified Specialist: SAS® 9.4 Visual Statistics 7.5 for Visual Modeling
Advanced Analytic Certification
If you want the more advanced level of analytic certification, consider the following.
- AI and Machine Learning Professional
- Natural Language & Computer Vision Specialist
- SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional Using SAS 9
- SAS Certified Data Scientist Using SAS 9
- SAS Certified Predictive Modeler Using SAS Enterprise Miner 14
- SAS Certified Specialist: SAS Viya 3.5 for forecasting and optimization
- SAS Certified Specialist: SAS Viya 3.4 for machine learning
- SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst Using SAS 9: used for regression and modeling
If your job requires a high level of SAS specialization, you may pursue even more education. One option is the administration certification. This includes:
- SAS Certified Platform Administrator for SAS®9
- SAS Certified Specialist: Administration of SAS Viya 3.5
Another route is data management. These exams include the following.
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS®9
- SAS Certified Data Integration Developer for SAS®9
- SAS Certified Data Quality Steward for SAS®9
- SAS Certified Professional: Data Curation for SAS Data Scientists
JMP is a statistical analysis computer program suite. The suite's creator was SAS Institute's JMP business unit.
It uses a JSL, a proprietary scripting language. This suite allows users to explore and investigate data using visual analytics.
If you wish to pursue the partners' categories, you must contact SAS directly. These have restricted access.
3. Demonstrates Skill Achievement to Future Employers
Recruiters look at several factors when reading candidate resumes. They consider education, years of experience, and evidence of current knowledge.
Having a SAS certification shows that you're committed to your profession. It also provides evidence of your competency.
Recruiters know that the SAS base certification and SAS advanced certification are performance-based. This means that the exam includes writing and executing SAS code. The exam shows your ability to apply real-world knowledge.
4. Career Advancement
Are you interested in upward mobility in your career? A SAS certification will help you meet that goal. Burning Glass predicts a SAS-skilled job increase of 4.4 percent over the next decade.
SAS is considered a crucial part of data analytics. We now see data analysis being used in professional sports and many other industries. Thus, the need for SAS experts will continue to grow.
5. You'll Receive a Digital Badge
Another perk of passing your SAS certification is that you'll get an online digital badge. You can attach this to your website, professional pages, social media, and more. It's a secure, electronic verification that you're SAS certified.
6. Increased Self Confidence
In a Pearson VUE survey, 67 percent of SAS-certified individuals reported increased self-confidence. Also, 65 percent said they felt a difference in the first three to four months.
When faced with real-world situations, you'll have the knowledge to create a solution. This increases your job satisfaction when you know that your providing quality work. You'll gain the respect of your peers, clients, and management.
In response, you will often be given more responsibility and high-performance reviews. Many SAS-certified individuals become project leaders and receive increased wages.
Are You Interested in Advancing Your Career?
Making the decision to pursue a SAS certification can take your career path in a new direction. ExitCertified has been offering IT training for over 25 brands since 2001. You can choose from more than 9,500 authorized courses.
We only offer vendor-approved IT training. This means you can feel confident that you receive valid credentials.
Our facilities have current software and hardware as well as friendly staff to help you. If you choose to train virtually, you will use high-quality online learning technology.
Ready to get started, view SAS training to begin learning.