Growing need to secure organizations with Cybersecurity expertise
Growing need to secure organizations with Cybersecurity expertise
Cybersecurity has become one of the most discussed topics across the world, in the boardrooms, at conferences, and in the news. Cyber-attacks like NotPetya, Mirai, Stuxnet, and WannaCry are pushing the significance of cybersecurity into the public eye. These attacks not only have an impact on the organization's reputation and finances but they also pose a threat of privacy to the livelihoods of an average person. With an increasing number of devices being incorporated into our lives; from AI-powered virtual assistants to pacemakers - cyber-attacks continue to bombard businesses as more and more data is generated through these devices.
Every person on earth to that astronaut on the space station can become victim to a cyber-attack. The greatest challenge of the digital revolution is to maintain effective cybersecurity. This should be spearheaded by cybersecurity experts with specialized training that prepares them against any hacker or any kind of a cyber-attack.
Cybersecurity: Yeah, the hype is real
The cybersecurity industry is anticipated to exceed the $220 billion mark by 2021.
A 2019 CSIS survey of IT decision makers conducted across 8 countries found that 82% of organizations report a shortage of skilled cybersecurity professionals while 71% mention the skilled cybersecurity staff shortage as the major cause for extreme or moderate risk to their organizations.
Experts at Symantec and Cisco claim that the world will need 6 million cybersecurity experts by the end of 2019. However, there is a shortfall of over 1.5 million skilled and trained cybersecurity professionals.
(ISC)2 research estimates a shortage of close to 3 million cybersecurity professionals across the globe with a gap of 2.15 million in Asia-Pacific alone.
The US alone faced a shortage of close to 314,00 cybersecurity professionals as of January 2019, according to CyberSeek.
The statistics speak for themselves on how the shortage of skilled and certified cybersecurity experts globally is threatening the world. The cybersecurity skills gap is a major issue that every government, business, and the university is trying to resolve. Most companies do not invest in cybersecurity training for their workforce. Just like any other on-the-job training, it is really important to train employees in cybersecurity, as they are the first line of defense to a cyber-attack in any organization.
According to an Accenture survey of 2000 UK workers –
- 70% of professionals who received or have taken cybersecurity training felt that they had the know-how of how to recognize and react to potential threats while 25% felt that the most effective way to protect against threats is Cybersecurity training.
- 55% of the respondents to the survey do not remember receiving any cybersecurity training.
- 19% do not even know how to identify a phishing mail.
As the need for cybersecurity professionals continues to grow at a significant rate, undergoing formal training to upgrade cybersecurity skills is the need of the hour.
“If you know cybersecurity, then you’ve got a job for life. “said Robert Herjavec, CEO of Herjavec Group, a $300 million cybersecurity company.
Cybersecurity training and certification can lead to a great bump in pay-checks and career advancement. This means cybersecurity experts can enjoy a rewarding and lucrative career as enterprises are willing to pay handsome salaries to professionals who can bolster organizations digital security. On average, a professional earns around $50,000 to $78,000 after acquiring cybersecurity skills through formal training and the salary can range as high as $102,000 - $500,000 for Chief Information Security Office job roles. The right online cybersecurity training and certification is the golden ticket to upskill your career in cybersecurity.
Cybercrime damages are estimated to cost the world $6 trillion per annum by 2012. Cybersecurity companies predict that the demand for skilled and certified cybersecurity professionals will continue to rise over the next decade - which makes cybersecurity training and certifications a worthwhile investment. Cybersecurity training and certification might seem a little costly but are worth the investment as these present you with an opportunity to negotiate a higher starting salary.
Prove You’re on the Forefront of Cybersecurity with Authorized Security Training
As we already mentioned, Cybercrimes and hackers can hamper a company’s reputation and destroy their business. With the increasing number of cyber crimes, cybersecurity is becoming one of the fastest growing business components. Organizations are making cybersecurity training a top priority for their staff and IT professionals. Most companies invest a huge sum in cybersecurity training for their employees so that they are aware of the cyber-criminals and hacktivists that scan their software systems and the web on the hunt for targets and vulnerabilities.
We know your time is valuable and if you want to use it wisely, cybersecurity training is a smart investment and here’s why –
- Credibility – Getting trained and certified in cybersecurity positions you as an authority figure on security skills. Authorized training is an easy and quick way to showcase your knowledge and garner trust from employers.
- Versatility – With multiple vendor-specific and vendor-neutral training available online, you can master cyber skills across diverse software platforms and become a versatile cybersecurity expert. This will make you more marketable to employers as you equip yourself with the skills required to protect data in different environments.
- Career Advancement - As millions fall prey to ransomware, phishing scams, DDoS attacks, organizations are struggling hard to fill the million cybersecurity job roles. There are plenty of opportunities for you to advance into a career that serves the greater good through security training and bridge the talent gap.
- Big Fat Pay-Checks – One cannot deny the fact that money makes the world go round. The lack of trained and certified cybersecurity experts is encouraging companies to pay high salaries to professionals who can showcase their security skills by having undertaken certified training or earning accredited certification credentials.
With multiple product-specific security training’s available at ExitCertified you can gain real-life security skills, knowledge of product-specific vulnerabilities and hands-on experience making you a critical resource for these organizations. ExitCertified delivers world-class vendor-specific security training to professionals across the globe. We are proud to offer a wide catalog of vendor-specific cybersecurity training – IBM Security Training, Cisco Security Training, and Checkpoint Training.
Vendor-Specific vs Vendor-Neutral Training – Which one should I take?
If you are confused about whether you should begin your cybersecurity career by enrolling for vendor-specific security training or a vendor-neutral training, our security experts have an answer for you. Industry experts at ExitCertified suggest that the security training you should enroll for depends on what kind of work you are involved in and the environment you are working in. Vendor-specific training is a good option and useful if you are working in a single vendor (homogenous) environment as you get trained in vendor-specific tools and technologies for security. For example, if you opt for IBM Security training, you will learn to identify and detect anomalies with QRadar, protect data with Guardium, accomplish endpoint security compliance with BigFix, and reduce vulnerabilities with Security AppScan, and more!
If you are working as a consultant with various clients, or you work in a software environment using solutions from multiple vendors, opting for a vendor-neutral training is beneficial. With the right expertise and credentials, we assure the delivery of top-of-the-line vendor-authorized and vendor-neutral security training conducted in an online environment.
Does a Cybersecurity career seem interesting? Learn from our expert instructors now!
Hottest Cybersecurity Certifications for 2019
A cybersecurity certification credential will help you stand out against competition, ultimately making the job market yours. For instance, there are 76,413 CISSP certified professionals globally compared to 78,523 job openings mentioning that same certification as a mandate. 2019 is the right time to upgrade your cybersecurity skills and earn accredited certifications to gain an edge over your competitors.
Are you wondering or questioning yourself on which cybersecurity certifications are most valuable? The answer to this question depends on who you ask, and how you look at it. There are many cybersecurity certifications as listed below, and they’re all valuable.
- CompTIA Security+ - Entry-level, vendor-neutral security certification.
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker - Intermediate-level credential offered by the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council)
- CND – Certified Network Defender - focuses on creating Network Administrators who are trained on protecting, detecting and responding to the threats on the network – offered by EC-Council
- SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner – Validates your skills in the main components of cybersecurity including access controls, cryptography, monitoring and analysis, malicious code and activity, and security operations and administration.
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional –Validates your expertise to design, implement, and manage a cybersecurity program.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – Validates your expertise and hands-n experience in designing, managing, operations, and service of cloud security architecture.
If you are a beginner in the field of Cybersecurity, career coaches at ExitCertified suggest you begin with and complete the CompTIA Security+ to call yourself a cybersecurity pro. This is a key cybersecurity certification IT professionals should earn to apply for intermediate level cybersecurity jobs. This certification establishes the basic knowledge and validates the baseline skills required for any cybersecurity job role.
If you wish to prepare for CompTIA Security+ Certification, Sign Up Here for CompTIA Security+ Certification Training
Would you like to know more about other Cybersecurity Certifications and the path to Choosing the Right One?
Regardless of which cybersecurity certification seems the best fit for you, prepare yourself to devote enough time to study and master all the specific skills required to pass the exam. Most people prefer a conducive style of learning for certification exam preparation and the best way to do this is to opt for formal instructor-led cybersecurity certification training.
Becoming a Cybersecurity Expert
The stats reveal that as cyber threats further escalate, the need for trained and certified cybersecurity professionals will become more prominent making cybersecurity training and certifications an important asset to advance a successful IT career path. Cybersecurity training offered at ExitCertified is comprehensive and engaging with interactive activities such as simulations, videos and quizzes to stimulate a learner’s curiosity in mastering cybersecurity skills. If you’re still unsure about the various cybersecurity training and certification options available for you, chat with or talk to one of our career experts at ExitCertified to begin a career in Cybersecurity.
Reference Links to Stats